Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Queen-Bee Report on Design Wishes You a Happy Plaid Year!

Whether or not you like the commercial aspect of the holidays, most of the time you have no choice but to see it and hear it. Why? Because its everywhere.

If you watched TV at all this season you saw The Gap Holiday commercials...over and over and over again. Eventhough the one with the adults was pretty annoying...I really liked the kids one which had me reciting "How Cute Are These Boots??" all holiday.

However if you don't get Vogue magazine, or go into the mall and actually look at the displays in The Gap, you would have missed what I think is a great print campaign...no words necessary...just snowflakes made up of people wearing clothing from The Gap.

These were truly great works of photography, which I'm sure took intense hours of preparation and orchestration....but they were fantastic mood setters which made me want to BUY PLAID!!!.. And plaid I bought....lots of plaid....(not all at The Gap, but still..they did their job)

Graphic Design doesn't have to be about words...it can be imagery which does the job just as well...and gets you to feel something...like "Wow that plaid looks cozy."

I hope your Holiday was happy...cozy...and I wish you a Happy New Year filled with success and peace (even if you don't wear plaid!).



No comments:

Post a Comment