Saturday, November 28, 2009

Inaugural Blog

This is the inaugural post of the Queen Bee Design Report on Bee-ing Creative....


Before I became a Graphic Designer I didn't even know what one was...or that they existed. But I knew one thing...beautiful art and design inspired me...and I connected with it. If you don't think you respond to design, bee-sure...you do! And really, its all about getting people to respond the way you want them to.

Even if you'd prefer to frequent one of our wonderful local coffee shops...and Starbucks coffee is not your beverage of choice...one thing is certain (in my never to be humble opinion), they hit the nail on the head with their holiday campaign. Their artwork, fonts, and messages are all beautiful and well-done. When you go into a Starbucks this year...it makes you want to celebrate the upcoming holidays inside a Starbucks with a warm cup of joe...

They play hip and beautiful holiday music and have snow covered branches...then they have red birds, stockings and mittens with messages of peace, hope & love....

Their coffee cup says:
"We invite YOU to LISTEN to your DESIRES and to RENEW your HOPE. To SEE the world NOT AS IT IS, but as it COULD BE. GO AHEAD. WISH. Its what makes the holidays the holidays."

Wow...what a message!..who doesn't want to listen to their desires...make a wish, and at the same time make the world a better place??

Maybe its cheesy...but I think we want cheesy at the holidays. At least I do. The rest of the year is too darn serious. I think we all want to take a break from "the daily grind"...and allow ourselves hope for better things to come.

So cheers for Starbucks! They get you to associate that pumpkin spice latte with a sense of holiday cheer and new hope. Brilliant.